Executive Assistant & Office Coordinator, Melbourne
Reporting to the Production co-ordinator the role provides comprehensive support to the Melbourne office team in all aspects of business administration. To facilitate the professional and smooth-running operation of the office and act as the central point of contact for all queries internally and externally. This role would suit someone who has an interest in the Television and Film business, but has at least three years’ experience in administration.
· Oversee the general administration and daily upkeep of the office including (but not limited to) answering the main phone line, organising the post, couriers, office supplies, catering, stationary and general office maintenance.
· Providing administrative support to the Managing Director, Business and Legal Affairs Director and Finance Director including diary coordination, meeting assistance and travel arrangements.
· Manage and arrange servicing of the office with contracted partners (landlord, insurance, postage, telephone, internet service provider, newsagents, cleaners, IT, transport, security, etc)
· Ensure all defective equipment is repaired or replaced as soon as possible in an economic fashion so as not to infringe on the smooth running of the office.
· Undertake Health and Safety supervision of the office and complete reports on request and is the First Aid officer for the building.
· Be the first point of contact for all queries, internal or external
· Oversee a new office move for the Melbourne team
· Dealing with and maintaining financial records in accordance with internal requirements (such as invoices, expense claims, credit card reconciliations and petty cash).
· Register all accreditations with festivals/conferences etc for office and visiting staff.
· Arrange travel arrangements for Melbourne based staff and contractors as requested.
· Work with NBCU Employee Resource Groups to organize and coordinate staff engagement activities.
· Assist visiting staff with accommodation and travel bookings.
· Manage Work Experience and Internship requests and placements.
· On occasion, provide services to productions in various capacities.
• Experience of and a passion for working in a busy, multi-tasking and demanding office environment.
• Attention to detail, the ability to work speedily and accurately under pressure.
• Excellent knowledge of computer packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent skill in dealing with financial information – processing expenses, invoices, advances, billing etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to deal confidently and effectively with staff at all levels as well as external contacts
• Experience of working as part of a team and dealing with a wide range of people
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills to prioritise work, meet deadlines and respond flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
• Planning and Organisation – Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
• Managing relationships – Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
• Flexibility - Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
• Motivated – able to demonstrate initiative, improve processes and problem solve