Are you keen to join the Matchbox team? We are hiring!
JOB TITLE Finance Director Matchbox Pictures
CAREER LEVEL Experienced
WHERE Melbourne, Australia
We are looking for a highly collaborative, creative, energetic finance professional to work as part of the key leadership team to help drive Matchbox Pictures ongoing growth in a rapidly changing market. They will provide financial and commercial decision advice by producing thorough and detailed financial reports in accordance with the objectives of the company’s business plan. Reporting to the Managing Director, Matchbox Pictures, this role will also collaborate closely across all parts of the Matchbox Pictures business in Australia and also significant interaction with our London Financial Planning and Analysis and Controllership team.
- Leading a core team, ensure the timely and accurate reporting of the company’s financial results, assets & liabilities, and to confidently present these results to senior management in Australia and Internationally
- Leading local budget and long range plan processes
- Leading the P&L and Cash Flow forecasting process, working with multiple functions across the business to generate high quality forecast accuracy in the projections.
- Manage operating expenditure budgets
- Manage annual statutory audit and tax process
- Manage financial planning and analysis for Matchbox Pictures, including analysis of Television financial planning and sales projections
- Build new financial competency in creating financial tools & analysis to enhance transparency in Matchbox Pictures
- Lead & drive Television series life cycle from Greenlight estimates to long term financial performance through detailed modeling & analysis and close partnership with FP&A teams in London.
- Participate and advise on future year planning and forecasting activities, and provide leadership around business drivers and their impact.
- Play a leading role in the Matchbox Pictures Leadership team
- CA/CPA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Superior Excel and financial modelling skills
- Preferred experience in media, but not essential
- Deep understanding & expertise in Reporting, Financial Analysis, Accounting and related Financial processes.
- Strong analytical skills and proven capacity to do “deep dives” in numbers to discover business drivers.
- Proven ability to business partner managing director and senior management
- Ability to communicate with non-financial professionals
- Proven ability to drive to results even under difficult or ambiguous circumstances.
- Proficiency in statistical modeling & analysis; above average Excel skills.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, establishes trust quickly, and creates win-win situations.
- Curiosity and drive to learn the Television business and be able to influence decision making across multiple levels.
- A passion for Television, storytelling and creativity
Contact: Chris Oliver-Taylor, Managing Director, Matchbox Pictures – firstname.lastname@example.org